Kitay-Gorod is a small settlement just beyond the Kremlin. The walls were erected in the 16th century by the mother of Ivan the Terrible and later dismantled by the Soviet leader Stalin. You can trace the development of Russian architectural thought from medieval times to the present day by visiting its many streets. This ancient Moscow district is full of churches and monasteries, restaurants and cafes, ministries, and state organizations.
Take a stroll down Varvarka Street and admire the medieval architecture. View the residence of the first Romanovs that preserves the origins of the Royal dynasty. The Old English Court used to house the first foreign embassy in Russia during the reign of Ivan the Terrible and Elizabeth I of England.
Then take a walk in the urban Zaryadye park. One of the main attractions is the Bridge soaring over the Moskva River, where you can admire the breathtaking view of the Kremlin, Moscow City and the embankment.
|Number of persons||1, 2, 3, 4, 5|
Price for the private tour:
- 1 person – $180
- group of 2 – $95 per person
- group of 3 – $70 per person
- group of 4 – $60 per person
- group of 5 and more – $50 per person
- 3 hours of guide service including pick up and drop off at your hotel
- Admission to Romanov Boyars Chambers or Old English Court
- Subway tickets
- Please indicate preferred pick up time and place
- This tour is a private walking tour with the use of subway
- Please dress in accordance with the weather conditions
Booking and cancellation policy:
- We recommend booking 7-45 days in advance during the peak season from May to September
- Booking of the tour can be made not less than 3 days prior to the date of the tour
- After the tour is booked the cancellation charge of 20% of the total amount will be applied
- There will be no refund for the cancellation of the tour made less than 48 hours prior to the booked tour
- Change of the date of the tour can be done within 48 hours prior to the tour
- All cancellations or change of dates can be done by phone or email